With the “Android 12 – 13 Eligibility Check” and “MIUI 13 Eligibility Check” menus, you can check which update your selected device will receive or not. After this process you will probably need to reflash TWRP image on your phone because flashing any Official update replaces TWRP with Mi-Recovery. All Xiaomi phones come with MIUI’s built-in updater app and with this app we can either wait for the updates to arrive to our phone or we can manually apply updates.
- Do let me know in the comment section if you have encountered any issues while installing custom Rom on your device.
- of contributors from all around the world.
- We have shared the official Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Stock ROM Firmware (Flash File) on this page.
- The stock ROM is the pre-installed operating system in your device.
Then Open the Device Manager and Locate the ADB Drivers to Install it. Finally, you can follow the How to install the ADB Driver page to install the drivers correctly. The problem is that Xiaomi is slow in maintaining the security patch and Major upgrades; It stock ROM (firmware) has a Mid-level Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665. But, If you are comfortable using custom ROMs, you can use Lineage OS.
Soon after that, the company started pushing closed beta builds of MIUI 12.5 to select Mi and Redmi smartphones in its home country. Every year, the Chinese OEM splits efforts between the domestic and global update policies, and this year is no different. If you’re looking forward to running the latest iteration of MIUI on your phone, then you’re in luck as Xiaomi has now officially outlined the MIUI 12.5 update roadmap for its global device portfolio.
- We often follow the same steps at times of new MIUI updates.
- Here are some methods that could solve the problem, but are not guaranteed.
- You’ll usually find them outlined on the same site where you downloaded the images from.
- This popular fork of TWRP fully supports MIUI update zip flashing as well as an integrated Magisk flasher.
- Kernel sources for the Motorola Moto E7 series and several Xiaomi phones, including the Mi Note 10 Lite, are now available for download.
An unofficial build of LineageOS 15.1 based on Android 8.1 Oreo is now available for the Exynos Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, and Galaxy Note 8. Samsung released an update with Bixby button remapping, but they decided to block Google Assistant. While the Mi 9T Pro and Redmi Note 8 Pro belong to completely different segments, both handsets offer the best in their respective brackets at bargain prices.